Hemp is a derived from cannabis plant species and has a lower concentration of THC and higher concentration of CBD. Often hemp oil is confused with the CBD oil, as they both come from the same source, but they are different in many ways. Both have great properties that help in treating many skin problems. CBD is extracted from cannabis plant, but hemp oil is extracted from the hemp plant with CBD in it and it does not contain any THC.
There are many benefits of hemp oil. There are various benefits of the hemp oil like in health, skin, food, beauty and more. The oil is all natural and since hemp-based CBD and its products become legal, there has been a considerable increase in the number products in the market.
Knowing about the various benefits of the hemp oil will help you make an informed choice. Here are the various amazing benefits of Hemp oil:
- The hemp seeds are rich in dietary fibre, vitamin B, manganese, phosphorus, zinc and iron. Its oil is extracted from hemp seed.
- Hemp oil has many benefits for body like it helps in improving heart health and boost immune system and offer many more health benefits.
- The hemp oil also has many benefits on skin as it helps in treating skin problems like psoriasis and eczema.
- It is an excellent moisturiser and can treat acne problems.
- Hemp oil has anti-inflammatory properties too.
How Hemp Oil is Great for the Skin
- Moisturising – Hemp oil is an excellent moisturizer that leaves skin soft and supple. Hemp oil is easily absorbed in the skin and can deeply penetrate the skin cells making the skin soft and well cared for. Damp your face with warm water. Rub few drops of hemp oil on your palm and apply it all over the face. Repeat this process if your skin feels dry more often.
- Antioxidant Properties – Hemp oil has excellent healing properties. They help in in the production of free radicals in the body, neutralize them, which then helps in increasing the elasticity of the skin.It also slows down the process of ageing and improves skin health and texture.
- Acne Treatment – There are various reasons for the acne problem, production of access oil is one of the major reasons for it. The excess oil production in the sebaceous glands can clog the pores and make skin oily, which then results in acne problem. Hemp oil helps in controlling the excess oil production and balances the skin PH level.Apply hemp oil directly to acne affected area on skin. It reduces the inflammation and redness caused due to acne.Hemp oil is also rich in antioxidants, vitamin E and A that helps in healing and soothing the skin.
- Anti-inflammatory properties – Hemp oil have anti-inflammatory properties that helps in soothing and calming the skin by reducing irritation caused due to acute acne problem.
- Anti-ageing properties – The linoleic acid and oleic acid found in the Hemp oil can reduce the fine line and wrinkles and reduce the effect of ageing on the skin. Hemp can be consumed orally. It is a traditional way of taking hemp oil and gives a quick result. There are different ways of taking hemp oil orally – in tinctures, edibles or capsules form.
- Cleansing Properties – Hemp oils is also used in cosmetic products as they help in cleansing the skin and making it clean and germ free. Use a teaspoon of organic hemp oil and gently massage over your face. Cover your face with cloth soaked in warm water for one minute. This will deeply clean your face and will remove all the impurities and make up that is accumulated throughout the day.
Side Effects of Hemp Oil
Hemp oil does not contain THC so usually it is safe to use. But it does have a few side-effects, which are not so serious in nature like mild irritation on skin. It is advised to do a patch test before using Hemp oil.
Here are some of the side-effects of hemp oil:
- Digestion problem
- Dry mouth
- Change in mood
- Change in Appetite
How to select hemp oil
Cold pressed hemp oil is the best as its nutrients value, flavour and aroma is maintained. Always go for reputed manufacturer for choosing hemp as they clearly state their practices and standards.
These are some of the best benefits for the skin. Hemp seed oil carrier is used in cosmetic that refresh and strengthen the skin with its emollience. It evens out the skin complexion, hence enhancing the skin texture and appearance. Hemp oil is prefect natural solution for many skin problems. Hemp oil can be used on directly on skin as well as consumed orally.